Tuesday 21 March 2017

If you don't have anything nice to say....

found it quite strange writing this piece as it embodies something which frustrates me. Contradiction. Putting this aside, I felt compelled to write about the opinions of others (which are of course each and everyone's own) but in particular, to zone in on the negative views people so often shove down our throats. A day in, day out, reoccurrence that is stifling. The constant 'tit for tat' immature posts on social media and the nasty status's aimed directly at other people. An attempt at a disguised, cryptic text which turns out to be anything from it. It doesn't take too long to decipher who exactly the jibe is directed at. 

So, it feels a little bit odd for me to write a blog post that is somewhat 'aimed' at others, when I am the one who is sick and tired of the persistent, pointless, online battle between our generation. Surely, I can't be the only one who's thinks this way?


I'll stop rambling on and give you a prime example of exactly what I'm talking about. "This place is full of sheep" or "bunch of bandwagoners around here" are phrases I hear all too often. If I had a euro for every time I heard these words I'd be living more than comfortably. Seriously, come on people!! So what, if a girl wants to wear a pair of over sized lenses because that's what's on trend at the moment. That's what SHE wants to wear, her choice. Simple! Who cares if Kate from down the road has decided to go to a gig this weekend that she's actually not interested in just because everyone else is going along. Again, her decision. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."


There's more to life than bitching and moaning about what the next person is wearing or doing. Try go a day without having a nasty opinion on someone else. I'm positive you'll find it surprisingly hard but I guarantee you'll feel better for trying. I believe that writing something as relevant and rather touchy as this subject, will hopefully open up a few eyes, maybe even switch on the lightbulb or two ,up stairs in those heads. There's far more important things in life to be worrying over so don't get your knickers in a twist if Tom, Dick and Harry all decide to wear Balenciaga trainers, the worlds not going to end!! I promise.


I just don't see the need to bash another person on a trivial fashion choice and yet still, it's happening all the time. I suppose that's just life but as the saying goes, "each to their own" so have a little think before you push unnecessary, negative comments upon the rest of us. It doesn't make you look good, trust me!! Because every time you post a malicious status or picture aimed at another.... ultimately, YOU look like the bigger, bitter fool. "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate".

Try giving out some compliments 
instead today :) 

Ashley X 

No comments:

Post a Comment